|Mary Lowry Nemeth
|Emily Dancefirstname.lastname@example.org||New Member
|Mary Elizabeth Peacock
On March 14, 1936 the local Phi Sigma at Mississippi State College became the Phi Delta Chapter of the Chi Omega Fraternity. Chi Omega was the first national Greek-letter society to place a chapter at Mississippi State College, today Mississippi State University. Phi Sigma Sorority was organized in September 1933. With the help of two local Chi Omega alumnae in developing the organization, the group petitioned for a chapter of Chi Omega. The petition was granted, and Miss Christelle Ferguson was in charge of the installation of Phi Delta Chapter, assisted by Kappa Beta Chapter of Rhodes College, Tau of the University of Mississippi, and Nu Beta of the University of Alabama. The new chapter had 14 active members who began a legacy that would thrive for decades to come on the campus of MSU.
In its 75 years of existence, Chi Omega has contributed greatly to the lives of young college women. As the largest sorority on campus with 246 active members, the Phi Delta Chapter represents a diverse group of women that involves themselves in a variety of organizations and activities. Whether it's Student Association, Road Runner, Alumni Delegate, Diamond Girl, Campus Crusade, Shackouls Honors College, Fashion Board, MSU athletics or intramural sports, Chi Omegas are involved in it all. Each year Chi Omegas receive numerous honors, such as Academic Honoraries, Greek Woman of the Year, Most Outstanding Woman, Undergraduate Woman of the Year, Miss MSU, Homecoming Queen and Maids, and Spirit of State. Chi Omega also takes pride in its high ranking scholarship, maintaining the highest GPA on Sorority Row for twenty years now. Additionally, the chapter as a whole promotes Greek unity by participating in other Greek organizations' philanthropic events.